Colaiste Choilm Tullamore come up short in All-Ireland Quarter Final

Colaiste Choilm Tullamore come up short in All-Ireland Quarter Final

Ballina 68

Tullamore 55

By Szymon Skura and Cillian Twomey

It was a highly anticipated match with Colaiste Choilm bringing supporters making the atmosphere electric. The game got off with a flying start for the boys in white with O’Rourke getting the first basket. On the other side of the court the boy in white were playing amazing defence with Duffy grabbing a rebound and passing it to O’Rourke who finished it getting another two points. It was CC on the attack again and with Feely missing a shot, Duffy rebounded it and got another bucket. But Ballina woke up and brought the game back by three points.

With good ball movement O'Rourke found the pass to Connolly who finished a mid-range shot. Ballina answered with another four points. Feely found his footing and delivered his first three of the game. Ballina found themselves at the free point line making both shots but, with two baskets from O’Rourke and Cooney the score at the end of the first Quarter was 18-9 for the boys in white.

In the second quarter things took a bad Turn for the boys in white. It was a good start with Duffy getting a basket of Feely. Ballina began to wake up and started to chase the score. With a connective run of unanswered points Ballina were catching up. But with Feely dishing two, three pointers and Buckets from Duffy and O’Rourke the game was on! Ballina with another run of points made it to the half with the score line tied at 29-29.

The third quarter was a sign of bad thing with key players like Duffy and O’Rourke both on 4 fouls, rotations needed to happen. With Sweeney on for Duffy, McKeagney on for Conney and Humphries on for O’Rourke the players just couldn’t find luck. McKeagney’s, Humphries’s and Sweeney’s three-point attempts refusing to go in with some spinning around the rim and going back out. While Ballina was thriving, CC were suffering going 43-31, but with the pressure rising so did Feely scoring two, three-pointers and going three from the line. With Connolly getting two more points the third quarter ended 46-44 to Ballina.

It was all or nothing coming into the ultimate quarter with two sides ready to give it all. But it was a flying start for Ballina scoring every shot they took. With O’Rourke and Conney getting a bucket each the score with four minutes remaining was 58-48. A block from Duffy and a quick three pointer from Feely added energy to the team with eight points in it and two minutes. But Balina made sure to keep the game under control going of scoring three pointer after three pointer. Duffy got another four points, but the game was sealed.

The game ended 68-55 to Ballina, but the boys in white made us proud, gave us a reason to cheer and gave us an incredible journey.

Coláiste Choilm
O'Moore St.
Co Offaly
R35 WF97

057 93 51756

© 2024 Coláiste Choilm Tullamore